We are now offering a special cyber security class with Art Torres from POST Computer Systems. We will be offering the seminar regularly going forward. Learn how to be smart and careful online! Class is $10 and space is limited, so call 283-2329 to register for the next class with opening seats. Please bring a notebook/paper and a pen or pencil to take notes. There will be plenty of time for questions!
Viruses, malware, and ransomware have been on the rise. Come to learn techniques and tips to help you avoid losing your valuable information and money to cyber criminals. We’ll cover:
- Passwords—How to create them and keep them safe
- Social Engineering—What is it? How to avoid falling for it.
- Phishing—How it works and how to avoid it.
- Fake emails and websites—How to spot them.
- How do I know if I’ve been hacked and what to do?
- August 10, 2022 @ 1pm
- September 13, 2022 @ 1pm – Class is FULL
- October 12, 2022 @ 6pm – Class has space! Call now to register! (This class will be held in the Library Community Room!)
- next date TBA, will be after the 1st of the year in deference to the holiday season.